We miss being abroad. We’d re-live all of these moments in a hot sec:
1. The bus driving away with our backpacks and passports on it. And us engaging in a bus chase with a taxi.
2. Leaving our passports in the first hostel we stayed in in Nicaragua.
3. Christine chased a Nicaraguan kid down the street in attempt to get her camera back. It didn’t work, but she tried.
4. Getting dropped off in a dust cloud in the middle of a highway in Liberia. Bienvenidos a Costa Rica, ladies.
5. A woman breastfeeding next to Kerianne on the bus.
6. Our entire border crossing day. We thought that salted peanuts might be our last meal on this earth.
7. Our rafting guide throwing Christine in the river Balsa and dragging her along using her paddle.
8. Peeling and eating hard boiled eggs on the bus to Manuel Antonio. And on the bus to Puerto Viejo.
9. Being recognized at lunch by a bystander at the club the previous night. He told us things we didn’t know happened.
10. We ran into a couple from Washington, D.C. three times, in three different cities, in a span of five days.
Things that didn’t make the list, but are on the same level of ridiculous:
Christine packed two left flip flops for this trip.
We used bug spray as perfume.
When Kerianne wears 4 different neon colors of clothing at the same time.
The time the iCloud burst and none of our alarms went off.
When Kerianne put an apple on Christine’s butt and said, “Apple bottom.”
Evey single time we washed our clothes and hung them up to dry…they never dried. Ever.
Kerianne didn’t have a footstrap to do the superman zipline, and her legs had to be held in the air by one of the guides. All the way across the Cloud Forest.
Kerianne bought a water bottle at the airport right before boarding the plane, and then they asked her to throw it away before getting on the plane. She was not happy.
Our tent neighbor in Arenal asked us to “please stop laughing.” WHO SAYS THAT?
Lots of love and wonder,
KB & codea