We’re not sure if our brains have the capacity to talk about the last two weeks right now. It’s been one adventure after another. In a nutshell, this is what the last 14 days entailed:
1. Volcano boarding down Cerro Negro in León, Nicaragua.
2. Watching a sea turtle nest, and relocating its eggs. #SaveTheSeaTurtles #PoacherNoPoaching
3. A two-hour course of zip lining, rock climbing, scaling rocks, and rappelling in Rincón de la Vieja, Costa Rica.
4. Horseback riding to a 40-foot waterfall, and then jumping off of it.
5. Mud bathing, rinsing off in the river, and then relaxing in a natural hot spring.
6. Rappelling over four waterfalls from 45-165 feet.
7. Whitewater rafting the Balsa River and jumping off small cliffs along the way.
8. Getting a tour of the Monteverde Cheese Factory from the granddaughter of one of its founders, the people who named the town Monteverde.
9. Hiking the forest at night and seeing tarantulas, ant colonies, vipers, kinkajous, sleeping birds, and katydids.
10. Ziplining, Tarzan swinging, superman-ing, and bungee jumping in the Cloud Forest.
11. Kayaking and snorkeling in Manuel Antonio.
12. Playing with monkeys at a Jaguar Rescue Center in Puerto Viejo.
13. Learning how to make chocolate on a cacao plantation. And eating all of it.
14. Sleeping in hammocks.
15. Exploring a new country with nothing but a backpack and each other.
The original version of this post appeared on December 12, 2014 on @codea‘s blog, Christine Meets Life.